Write a review
- 1 cup packed unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup allergy dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients into a high power blender or food processor.
- Blend until combined with a few chunks of coconut remaining, about 3 minutes. Chill in refrigerator 15 minutes to firm up.
- Use a cookie scoop form balls. Place in freezer if coating in chocolate.
- Heat chocolate in microwave until just melted. Dip macaroons and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet to dry.
- The amount of maple syrup depends on if you choose to dip in chocolate. I thought 1 tbsp of maple syrup was great with the chocolate coating. The coconut oil should be melted in advance to help breakdown the coconut flakes.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/