- 4 medium beets (any color)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of arugula (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread out beets so they are not touching and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Peel the beets once cooled. Thinly slice beet rounds either using a mandoline or a knife. Place rounds on plate and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Option to place arugula on top of beets.