Bok Choy with Carrots and Sesame Orange Dressing
Write a review
- 1 pound baby bok choy, halved
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium shoyu or tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Arrange a steamer basket in a large pot. Add enough water just to reach bottom of basket. Bring to a boil. Add bok choy. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and steam about 10 minutes or until bok choy is tender. Prepare an ice bath by filling a bowl with ice cubes and water; set aside. Place steamed bok choy in ice bath, drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Add mushrooms. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook about 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, tahini, tamari and ginger. Add bok choy, mushrooms, and carrots and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve this simple vegetable side dish with brown rice or quinoa. Serves four.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/