Brown Rice Tortillas - Gluten Free
Write a review
- 1 ½ cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour + more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- up to ½ cup coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and tapioca flour
- Pour in the boiling water, using a wooden spoon to mix up the batter. Once the dough cools down enough to touch, form into a ball, gently kneading until firm
- Coat the work surface with the extra tapioca then divide the dough into 8 pieces
- Use your hand or rolling pin to roll out each piece into flat tortillas (about 4” in diameter)
- Warm a skillet over medium high heat. Add a few tablespoons of coconut oil and heat until slightly smoking, cook each tortilla for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Keep adding coconut oil to avoid from drying out.
- Once cooked, sprinkle a touch of sea salt, then repeat until all are cooked.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/