Write a review
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (grade B)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch or two of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place all ingredients into a baking dish (for example 7 x 11-inch glass). Stir well with a spoon. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn.
- As soon as they come out of the oven stir them up so the syrup sticks to the nuts and not the pan. Immediately transfer them to a plate to cool.
- Can substitute walnuts for almonds, cahsews or pecans.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/