Chipotle Barbacoa Tacos
Write a review
- 3 pound center cut shoulder roast
- 3 to 5 large dried chipotle peppers, seeds removed
- ½ yellow onion
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¾ cup beef or chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Cut the roast into two pieces and trim any fat. Place in the pot of a slow cooker.
- Combine the chipotle peppers, onion, lime juice, tomato paste, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt, and oregano in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour over the roast and add the stock, bay leaves, and cloves.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove the beef and shred with two forks. Return the meat to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 to 2 hours, until really tender.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. We like avocado, radish, cilantro, and red onions.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/