Judy’s Chocolate Mousse
Write a review
- ½ medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 11/2 cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon carob or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- If your dates are very soft, then you may not need to boil them. In this case, you can simply soak them in hot water for at least 30 minutes before adding then to the food processor.
- If the dates are not soft, combine dates and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until the dates have softened and started to break apart.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine beans, almond butter, carob powder, vanilla extract, almond milk, and cinnamon in a food processor. Add softened or cooked dates and water. Process ingredients until smooth, using a spatula to scrape down the sides. Serve at warm temperature or chilled.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/