Kelly's Cajun Spiced Veggie Burgers
Write a review
- 200 g (1 medium) sweet potato, baked
- 1 15 oz can organic black beans
- 100g spinach
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 2 tsp Cajun spice
- 2 tsp flaxseeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- good grinding of black pepper
- Rinse beans and add to mixing bowl.
- Mash, but leave half of the beans whole for texture.
- Scoop the flesh out of baked sweet potato and add to the bowl.
- Rinse your spinach in a colander then pour a kettleful of boiling water over it to wilt it.
- Rinse with cold water to refresh, then squeeze as much water out as you can.
- Chop and add to the bowl.
- Next add the seeds, oats, spices, garlic and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 4 hearty balls and flatten out into burger shapes.
- Saute burgers in a bit of coconut oil for around 5 minutes per side.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/