Kim’s Cauliflower-Lentil Tacos
Write a review
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package organic taco shells or use romaine lettuce as the shell.
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce, for topping
- Rinse the lentils and drain well. Combine the lentils and 3 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain of excess water and set the lentils aside.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to pieces the size of rice grains. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapenos and cook until the onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cauliflower, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the chili powder, 1 teaspoon of the cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of the coriander and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook until the cauliflower is tender, another 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils to the cauliflower mixture. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon coriander. Stir in the salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more to blend the flavors.
- Serve with fresh salsa and guacamole.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/