Mediterranean Rice Noodles (Gluten Free)
Write a review
- 1 package King Soba rice noodles
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, ends snipped off
- About 10 cherry tomatoes, halved*
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the package, then run them under cold water, and drain them well. In a medium bowl, toss the noodles with the olive oil.
- While the noodles are cooking, bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Have a bowl of ice water ready nearby. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until they are tender and bright green, about 2 minutes, then remove them from the hot water and immediately sub- merge them in the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain them, and cut each bean into thirds.
- Stir the beans, tomatoes, olives, basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the bowl of noodles. Adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/