Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Write a review
- 2 cans BPA free black beans or 8-12 oz dried (soaked, drained and cooked)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked on stovetop or rice cooker)
- 6 oz crushed tomatoes (in a soft box not can or puree fresh tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño or other pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 6 Tbsp. water
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Briefly sauté garlic, onion and pepper in coconut oil.
- Blend half of the black beans, tomato and sautéed veggies in food processor or blender
- Pour into bowl and add the rest of the black beans, quinoa and spices. Mix well – add more seasoning to taste.
- Form into patties, adding additional ground flax seed as needed.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top to help brown burgers. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until patties are browned.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/