Quinoa with Lentils and Veggies
Write a review
- 2 cups of dry quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of dry lentils
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (any kind)
- 1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, diced into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable or chicken broth until done
- Rinse the lentils then place in boiling water until the lentils are soft but not mushy (about 10-15 minutes)
- In a pan with coconut oil, sauté the garlic, onion and mushrooms then add the asparagus and zucchini.
- When the veggies are done, place in a serving bowl with the quinoa and veggies. Drain the lentils and add them too. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/