Renee’s Chocolate Protein Bars (Gluten Free)
Write a review
- 1 ¼ cup dried, unsweetened dates (about 14) pitted
- 1 ¼ cup whole raw almonds (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips or shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Place the dates and almonds in a food processor and pulse until they are processed to a paste. If you have dates that are older and hard, you can soak them in warm eater fir 15 minutes and drain and dry very thoroughly before pulsing. Place the date paste in a medium bowl.
- Add cocoa (or cacao) powder, chocolate chips or coconut shreds, vanilla, and sea salt to the bowl with the date paste.
- Using your finger, knead the ingredients together until you have a solid combined ball.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter and transfer the ball to the plastic wrap and press down to start to flatten into a rectangle. Fold the excess plastic over the top and use your hands to shape and flatten the mixture until it is about ½” thick, about 9” across and 3” down. Or make whatever shape you want.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours until firm and slice as desired. Keep wrapped in the refrigerator. You can use parchment paper instead.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/