Renee’s Oatmeal Raisin Protein Bars (Gluten Free)
Write a review
- 1 cup unsulphured raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon warm water, if necessary
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free and not quick or instant)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews or pecans
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the raisins and water in a food processor and pulse until they are processed to a paste. Place the raisin paste in a medium bowl.
- In the same food processor, add the cashews and oats and process until very finely chopped.
- Add the cashew, almond mixture, along with the cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt to the bowl with the raisin paste. Using your fingers, knead the ingredients together until you have a solid combined ball.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter and transfer the ball to the plastic wrap and press down to start to flatten into a rectangle. Fold the excess plastic over the top and use your hands to shape and flatten the mixture until it is about 1/2“ thick, about 9” across and 3” down. OR make whatever shape you want.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours until firm and slice as desired. Keep wrapped in the refrigerator. You can use parchment paper if you would like.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/