Shrimp Curry with Shirataki Noodles
Write a review
- 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 5 scallions, whites and greens separated and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs red curry paste, or more to taste
- 1/2 tbs curry powder
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow, cut into thin strips
- 6 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 7-oz bags shirataki noodles (yam noodles found at Whole Foods or health minded stores)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- Thoroughly rinse the shirataki noodles in hot water. Using kitchen shears, cut into shorter lengths.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil for 1 minute to remove odor from the packing liquid. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, braiser or wok over medium-high heat. When shimmering, add garlic, ginger, scallion whites, curry paste and curry powder. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, stirring. Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and add noodles and shrimp. Simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender and shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add sriracha and adjust seasoning to taste. Stir in cilantro and serve.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/