Jicama Fries (Baked)
Write a review
- 1 jicama (approx 1 pound), peeled and cut into ¼ inch thick fries
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Celtic (or Himalayan) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place jicama fries on a steamer and steam for about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the jicama fries with the olive oil and the spices.
- Arrange on the cooling rack and bake for 45 minutes until browned, turning halfway through.
- To make it crispier, broil for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/