Write a review
- Vegetable broth (chicken or beef broth ok too)
- 2 table spoons of grapeseed oil
- 1 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large zucchini, cut into rounds then halves
- 1 large summer squash, cut into rounds then halves
- 1 small head of broccoli florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower florets
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes in juice
- Half a sweet potato, diced (a whole one if using more broth)
- 1 tablespoon of summery savory herbs
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Italian parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cut all vegetables. In a large soup pot, saute the yellow onion, carrots and celery with grapeseed oil.
- Add cut zucchini and squash into rounds then halves or quartered and add to pot. Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets while stirring regularly for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the broth (48-64 oz), tomatoes with their juice, and the sweet potato.
- Add seasonings and let cook on low for 30-45 minutes or until all veggies are soft.
- Use hand blender to puree soup.
- Can garnish with Italian parsley if desired.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/