Onion Rings (Gluten Free)
Write a review
- 2 large onions, peel removed, sliced ½ inch thick
- Approximately 1 cup almond flour
- Approximately 1 cup of coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Up to 1 cup of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice the onions into rings. In a small bowl whisk together the almond milk and the eggs. Place the almond flour in one small (shallow) bowl and the coconut four in another.
- Add the salt, thyme, and paprika to the coconut flour bowl, stir to combine. Dust each piece of onion in the almond flour then dip into the egg mixture, and then into the coconut flour. Continue until all the onions are coated using more flour if needed.
- Place the onion rings on a lightly oiled baking sheet and cook for about 10 minutes, until lightly brown and crisp.
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/