Pumpkin Pie Cookies (Vegan, Grain-Free)
Write a review
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- optional: ½ cup dark chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a Silpat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a thick batter is formed. If adding the dark chocolate chips, fold them in last.
- Note: Because this batter is egg-free, feel free to taste-test it at this point, and adjust the flavors to your preference.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto the line baking sheet, and gently press each mound with a wet fork (to prevent sticking) to flatten.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Allow to cool completely before using a spatula to remove from the baking sheet. Serve immediately, or for a firmer cookie, chill before serving. Yields 24 cookies
Risa Groux Nutrition http://risagrouxnutrition.com/