- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2-3 teaspoons mild gluten-free curry powder
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 4 to 6 cups light vegetable broth (or fresh water)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw agave nectar, to taste
- ½ to 1 cup coconut milk
- Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot, over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and curry powder; stir and cook until the onion softens. Add the squash and broth. Cover the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the squash is very soft and fork tender- maybe 30 minutes. Add a bit more water if you need to keep the squash from sticking to the pot.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender till smooth. Stir in the maple syrup and coconut milk. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Warm through gently and serve.